As an introduction, it is important to notify that LabelPack A+ is an European project comprised by different Partners and led by the Solar Heat Europe/European Solar Thermal Industry Federation (Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF).
We believe in the importance to protect the privacy of our members, website visitors and contacts. Therefore, we would like to be transparent about the collection and processing practices of personal data by the partners of the LabelPack A+ projects. It will guide you to make well-informed choices about the information you provide and how we store and use this data.
We take very seriously the protection of your personal data and comply with the EU Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679), also known as GDPR, in addition to all the data protection legislation applicable in all project’s partner countries (i.e. Belgium for ESTIF).
The controller of your personal data collected on the website, online or SOLCAL tools, is Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF, place du champ de mars 2, 1050 Brussels. If you have any issue regarding your personal data, please don’t hesitate to send a message to Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF at email@example.com.
Should you wish to consult, complete, rectify or remove any of the information that we hold about you or your organisation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To know more about the data protection and privacy rights in Belgium, please consult the Belgian supervisory authority’s website: the Commission for the protection of privacy (website available in English, French and Dutch).
We may receive information from you:
- When you contact us directly, normally via our website through our contact form,
- From our LabelPack A+ network,
- Through meeting a LabelPack A+’s partner’s representatives at events,
- By attending to LabelPack A+’s events,
- Through our website and the uses of cookie, uses which requires your consents before collecting your data,
- Through our online and SOLCAL tools, displayed on this website,
- Occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass on us information about you.
We will use your information, with your consent, for the following purposes:
- To help us identify your requests and answer you when you contact us,
- For general administration purposes (i.e. invoicing),
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services (i.e. post event survey, questions about the online tool),
- To carry out analysis and customer profiling, in order to improve your customer experience (i.e. visits of our website pages).
There can be several ways in which you provide your personal data to LabelPack A+’s partners:
- Event/survey applications, and/or to our email marketing application(s),
- Confirmed opt in (for email marketing applications where this option is available),
- Written communication (by email, or any other kinds of written messaging including via social media channels),
- Signed contracts (e.g. supplier contracts, project consortium agreements, etc.),
You may request the permanent deletion of your personal data from any or all our records with a written request to email@example.com. Kindly note that this will directly affect your access to products and/or services which you may have subscribed to (e.g. online tool members’ area).
We do not share your data with any third parties, with the exception of:
- When we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
- When we are progressing existing or future legal proceedings,
- When using the online and SOLCAL tool’s members area,
- When, for an event, extra security clearances are required for accessing a secured venue, such as the public buildings.
We may use your information to contact you with news on energy labelling issues or any related topics which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes. Wherever you have provided your prior agreement (see consent to process personal data above), we may contact you by an appropriate means of communication.
The range of products and services offered by us include:
- Events, seminars, forums, conferences,
- Online and SOLCAL tools, for system labelling.
You can opt out from receiving marketing communications from us and/or request the permanent deletion of your personal data in our email sent via our Mailchimp account or at any time by writing to us at Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so (Opt-in). For example, we may inform you via a tick box that when providing your email address, you will be indicating your agreement to receive later marketing emails. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out, you can do so at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link which will be included on all our marketing emails. You can also contact us at email@example.com.
To comply with GDPR, we have different approaches regarding the personal data stored by LabelPack A+ partners:
- We will keep the data collected via our website for 36 months. Matomo, the online software used by LabelPack A+’s Partners, and managed by Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF, will automatically delete the data collected once the period of retention is reached. This data will be used to optimise our website and tools, and compare our website frequentation on different years,
- We will keep the data collected for our events for reporting purposes to the European Commission. Each partner of LabelPack A+ is in charge of dealing with the data collected during their events,
Specific opt out and data deletion instructions are available for all our applications (e.g. marketing emails, website(s)). In case of doubt, don’t hesitate to submit a manual deletion request at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Solar Heat Europe will contact the specific partners in case a request is submitted.
You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask LabelPack A+’s Partners to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
Furthermore, you can also ask the specific partners what personal data we hold about you in the LabelPack A+’s capacity by contacting directly contact them or by sending an email to Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF at email@example.com.
We endeavour to work only with IT services providers which guarantee a high level of data security. However, we kindly ask you to acknowledge that when providing us your information through any information technology means (via websites, internet applications, emails, etc.) that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF and LabelPack A+’s partners use secure server software and firewalls to protect your information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by the breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
According to the GDPR, if such breaches occur, we will contact you following the breach discovery without undue delay.
You may restrict LabelPack A+ partners’s use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You may also request access to the correction of, or deletion of your personal data. For instructions on changing any of your privacy preferences, accessing your information, updating your information, for any privacy or data-protection-related question, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
You can contact us at any time to request any questions/modifications/changes/deletion of your personal data by writing to us at email@example.com.
You can send us a written request, either at the following address: Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF, Place du Champ de Mars 2, 1050, Brussels, Belgium, or to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also always have the right to an appeal with the Commission for the protection of the Private life to the following email: email@example.com. Further information can be found on the Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
The materials contained in this website are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice nor do they commit LabeLPack A+’s partners to any obligation whatsoever. Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF and LabelPack A+’s partners accept no responsibility for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage which may arise from reliance on information contained in this site. Users are advised to seek confirmation of statements made herein before acting upon them; specialist advice should also be sought on specific issues.
The contents of this website, including but not limited to: text, graphics, pictures, illustrations, logos, software, trademarks, service marks and other material is protected by copyright and other laws.
Certain links on this website may lead to websites, resources or tools maintained by third parties over whom we have no control. We do not make any express or implied representations or warranties whatsoever regarding such websites, resources and tool, and links to any such websites, resources and tools should not be construed as an endorsement of them or their content by us.
LabelPack A+’s website may also include postings, guides, publications, and articles from third parties, clearly indicated as sources of the content. Such content is the responsibility of the third-party creator of the content. LabelPack A+ has no responsibility for such content and is merely providing access to such content as a service for you.
LabelPack A+’s partners may, in appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, remove or disable access to material on the website that infringes on the rights of others. If you believe that your work has been used on the website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with a written notice – by postal mail or email – that includes the following information:
- The signature (electronic or physical) of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed,
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed,
- A description of where the material in question is located on the website,
- Your mailing address, telephone number, and email address,
- A statement by you that you believe in good faith that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law,
- A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
For purposes of such notice, our address is as follows: Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF, Place du champ de mars 2, 1050, Brussels, Belgium; Phone: +32 2 318 40 60; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The only personal data LabelPack A+’s currently collects through its website is the information you specifically and voluntarily give us when using our site. You may be required to provide personal data on different parts of our website – – such as the “Contact us” form, through online tool registered users section or any other polls or forms integrated in our website.
We use administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised uses, access or modifications. Certain areas of our website may be password protected. If you are a user of our website and have a password, you can help to preserve your privacy by ensuring that you do not share your password with anyone else.
In addition to the information you provide when you use our website, LabelPack A+ partners use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, we use tracking technology to estimate the number of visitors our website counts in a day and which pages they view. We also use technology to determine which web browsers our visitors use and the address from which they accessed our sites. This technology does not identify you personally. It simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
- Analytical cookies to track the pages you visit via Google Analytics, in order to allow us to improve the performance of our website. These analyses will be performed through the use of anonymised IP addresses and cookies,
- Tracking cookies to embed YouTube videos and share content from other social media websites,
- Tracking cookies to allow you to share pages with social networks and email.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can disable cookies in your browser, but these may stop our website from functioning properly. These browser controls will usually be found in the ‘options’, ‘settings’ or ‘preferences’ menu.
The LabelPack A+ online and SOLCAL tools are using a tracking software to identify how the tool is used: Matomo. This software is collecting partial IPs to identify:
- from which countries users are from,
- activities on the tool (visits, number of downloads, etc.)
For non-registered users, labels and systems fiches are not saved and accessible by our services.
If you would like to know more on Matomo, please consult their website: https://matomo.org/
The LabelPack A+ online and SOLCAL tools contain restrict areas, where users can create a personal account. In this registered section of the tools, it is then possible for them to register products that they might uses regularly to create System Labels and fiches.
In those tools, we will store your information until you contact us to delete your account and user’s information. As a registered user, LabelPack A+ staff will store for you:
- Your Last name and First name;
- Email address;
- Social media used as a means of identification, only for those who chose to use Google+, Facebook or LinkedIn;
- The saved products you have decided to store in your registered user area;
For security reasons, Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF staff, on behalf of the LabelPack A+ project, is also storing connection logs with your full IP and requests for a duration of 2 weeks to identify any issues related to our tools.
However, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, for any reason, whatsoever at LabelPack A+’s partners’ sole discretion.
By providing your personal data in order to become a registered user of the website, you agree to share this information with LabelPack A+’s partners, more specifically with Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF staff in charge of the management of the tool. Only Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF’s and Trenkner Consulting’s staff, the developer of the tool, can view your personal information.
As the tools is also developed in the frame of a Horizon 2020 European project, the Commission could ask LabelPack A+ to share with them some of the information (i.e. number of visits, from which countries, how many downloads on the tools, etc.) during the duration of the project for reporting purposes.
We will not publicly disclose your personal data not share/sell it to third parties, except those mentioned above. You may send a request by writing at any time to email@example.com to request the deletion of your personal data from our records.
You can at any moment ask/request or demand to delete the data you have provided to Solar Heat Europe at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For these requests, please let us know at email@example.com.
The conditions to become a registered user are clearly stated in this page and may be changed at our discretion. If you become a registered user of our website, any password-protected content (including personal information of others registered users, any documentation irrespective of its format as well as your individual login details) must not be shared with non-authorised third parties.
 ‘personal data,’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. (Article 4 (1), Definitions, Regulation 2016/679)