The new Energy Label will be supplied with each individual and pre-assembled package heating system by the manufacturer.
It will be the installer’s responsibility to ensure that customer has received the energy label, and additional documentation of the heating appliance, at the point of sale.
If the heating system contains different products, whoever puts that package together, is responsible for providing a package label when combining a heating appliance with a temperature control and/or solar device, hot water storage tank or a supplementary heating appliance.
The professional who puts the package together is the one responsible for producing a package label. That package label will need to provide the combined energy efficiency rating of the whole system rather than only the ratings of each individual component. This could be the manufacturers’ responsibility if they supply a pre-assembled package, or the installer’s if the items are bought individually, as separate parts, and the installer is the system integrator. If this is the case, the installer is responsible for calculating the overall package efficiency, this information must be recorded, regarding each product on a document known as a fiche, and systematized in the energy label that provides the combined energy efficiency rating.
Ressources for installers
- LabelPackA+ Brochure for Installers
- Labelpack A+ “Common understanding of the heating energy labelling concept, key elements”
- “Specs for end-consumers’ communication”
- Online tool for calculating the energy efficiency of packages of heaters, water and combination heaters (Labelpack A+)
- Tool (excel) for calculating the energy efficiency of packages of heaters, water and combination heaters (EC)
- SOLCAL online calculation tool
- SOLCAL calculation tool (xls)
- Energy label generator (EC)
- General knowledge on the Energy labelling
- Solar thermal solutions within the Energy Labelling Context – General Features
- Solar thermal solutions within the Energy Labelling Context – Actors’ responsibilities
- Solar thermal solutions within the Energy Labelling Context – Energy labelling promotion & market surveillance
- Tutorial for the online calculation tool
- EU energy labelling regulation for space and combination heaters 811/2013
- EU energy labelling regulation for water heaters 812/2013
- EU ecodesign regulations for heaters and combination heaters 813/2013
- EU ecodesign regulations for water heaters 814/2013
- Implementing guidelines (EC) – 2017 updated version